BVEF Student Scholarships
Lenze Americas Engineering Scholarship
Lenze is a leading automation company for the machine-building industry and a specialist in Motion Centric Automation. As a systems supplier with solutions competence, Lenze works with its customers to create high-quality mechatronic products and packages; powerful systems consisting of hardware and software for machine automation; as well as digitalization services in areas such as big data management, cloud or mobile solutions, and software for the Internet of Things (IoT). With a global network of engineers, sales representatives, and manufacturing facilities, Lenze is represented in more than 60 countries. The American subsidiary of Lenze SE (Hamelin, Germany), is headquartered in Uxbridge, Massachusetts. www.lenze.com
Lenze Americas is dedicated to helping students achieve their educational goals. Lenze is pleased to offer two scholarships in the amount of $500.00 each to recognize two outstanding students who have had continued participation in Technology / Engineering curriculum at a BVEF Member High School, and who wish to pursue future careers in an engineering field.
SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA & GUIDELINES
The awarding of these scholarships will be based on the following criteria:
• The candidate must be a senior of Uxbridge High School and a member of the graduating class of 2021.
• The candidate shall present, with his/her application, a transcript of grades having a minimum
cumulative average of 70% or C average for the last three- and one-half years of high school.
• Student must be academically accepted by an accredited college or university and enrolled in an
engineering program. (Include copy of acceptance letter and program chosen with application.)
• Student should be of good character as judged by faculty and peers. A letter of reference from the
school principal, a guidance counselor, teacher, or community representative (cannot be a relative)
must be submitted with this application.
• Student should participate in at least one school-sponsored or other extracurricular activity, including
teams, clubs, music/art programs, or volunteer work.
PLEASE NOTE: All material must be submitted, as failure to do so may be reason for disqualification.
Any use of illegal drugs or smoking disqualifies applicant. All information and data submitted by the
applicants is held to be confidential.