Updated: Nov 19
Please note: Registration is open to full and affiliate member school staff and associates.
On Wednesday, December 9th, from 12:00pm – 2:00pm, Blackstone Valley Education Foundation (BVEF) is hosting a Professional Development Session, Via Zoom, for our full and affiliate member high school counselors, internship coordinators, and teachers who manage or offer capstone projects/work-based learning experiences.
Internships, Capstones, & Other Work-Based Learning Experiences Amid a Pandemic
Wednesday, December 9th
12:00pm – 2:00pm
Kerry Akashian, Ph.D., who is the Career Development Education Lead at the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), will discuss:
· How MA DESE requirements surrounding internships, project-based learning experiences, and capstone project experiences have changed with more flexibility in what qualifies for these student experiences.
· Practical strategies to increase the number of internships and work-based learning experiences with an emphasis on creating authentic experiences, with positive mentoring relationships, highlighting key work-based learning skills.
During the remainder of the session participants will be encouraged to share best practices and resources (permission will be granted to screen share with colleagues as appropriate). Our goal is for this to be a highly interactive session.
You must register in order to participate in this professional development session. Please click HERE to register.
· Click ‘Book Now’ under ‘Internships and Capstones Amid a Pandemic’
· Click ’12:00pm’ under the date of the session and then ‘Next’
· Enter your information and click ‘Book It’
Once registered, you will receive a Zoom Link from me 1-2 days before the event.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blackstone Valley Education Foundation
Communication and Event Coordinator