Blackstone Valley Education Foundation supports collaborative efforts that connect schools with local businesses. BVEF leverages community resources to provide services to schools that connect current learning with future career paths for students. The goal is to assist with the development of our future work force in the Blackstone Valley and throughout the nation.
BVEF Initiatives include:
- Blackstone Valley S.T.E.M. Conference in cooperation with the Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Student-to-Career Job Skills Conference in partnership with Workforce Central
- Blackstone Valley Youth Leadership Academy
- Art in the Valley Exhibition
- Annual Business & Education Forum
- Blackstone Valley Student Jobs Fair
- Professional development for teachers and school counselors
- Amp It Up Advanced Manufacturing Program
- Humanities Scholars
- Career Speakers Bureau
For information please contact Paul Lynskey, Executive Director at plynskey@BVeducationfoundation.org.
Featured Event: 1st Student-to-Career Job Skills Conference
Senator Richard Moore (below) addressed students at BVEF's first Student-To-Career Job Skills Conference held in December 2013 at Nipmuc Regional High School in Upton. The event was held in partnership with Workforce Central and featured speakers from Lampin Corporation, Salmon Health and Retirement, Wyman-Gordon, and Imperial Cars. Over 300 students and teachers attended from nine local school districts.